More Music

I used to listen to recordings of Joe Satriani playing his Strat years ago; he’s yet another guitar virtuoso. Today I happened across this video:

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JwUpjO9LLI&w=425&h=349]

I’ve had a musical problem in the past — if I listen too often to players much better than I am, I become discouraged and don’t play much. It’s better if I just play as well as I can!

I wondered about why Satriani was wearing a stocking cap during several videos during this time-period, presumably in a well-heated auditorium. I suspected the advent of male pattern-baldness. In videos from subsequent years the guitarist had shaved his head, more-or-less confirming my hypothesis.

This entry was posted in Music.

7 comments on “More Music

You don’t have to worry about this guy. I’m sure you play much better than this.

2. Larry says:

No, I don’t, Joan — I’m humble enough to admit that. But thanks anyway!

Larry, this guy is no Roy Buchanan or even Hendrix. Just a lot of screaming riffs do not a Buchanan make. (She says with her infinite non-knowledge of guitar players…:))

4. Larry says:

I have to admit that you are right, Joan!

5. Virginia says:

This is my favorite Joe Satriani piece http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4fPv450OYM Wait for the guitarist. It’s a sweet melody.

I like Virginia’s favorite much better. More soulful…. The fellow is talented. I think, though I am not quite accustomed to the extremely high pitched sliding riffs. I don’t have the problem with Buchanan…but then I’ve not heard enough of either to be a judge.

7. Larry says:

That was good, Virginia — equaling the best of Hendrix, Zappa, or Buchanan.

Joan, I’m kinda accustomed to the high-pitched sliding riffs –but then I grew up with such music, a backdrop to my life.