What’s Going On Here?!

I expanded rapidly as I surged out of the computer case, from my lair next to the cozy power supply, and found Larry packing a suitcase.

“What are you doing, Larry? Are you leaving, or what?” I breathed a bit of fire, as that relieves anxiety for me. My eyes blazed green.

“Yeah, Demon,I’m taking a bus to Arizona tomorrow.”

“Why didn’t you tell me? Can I come along?”

“I certainly am not going to buy you a bus ticket! I don’t think the driver would let you on, anyway. They have rules about large winged reptiles riding buses. It alarms the other passengers and makes the kids cry. You can fly, after all!”

“But it’s so far away! All of the way across the Great Plains!”

“Just take your time. You can feed upon jackrabbits and armadillos along the way.”

I was feeling sulky and pouted.

“Well, okay…” I said, and retreated back into my lair. I spend most most of my time sleeping there.

9 comments on “What’s Going On Here?!

1. Leslie says:

Hey Larry, I’m still chuckling over Dave Barry’s year end review and saw this. Good luck with your trip! Looks like you’ll have good weather. If you do see an armadillo, take a picture of it! As usual, I’m enjoying your blogs. Tell that bus driver to drive safely.

Have a safe trip, Larry. Don’t take any wooden nickles. Only Buffalo nickles. Mind the timing on those rest stops. They don’t count heads like Boy Scouts and I almost got left in the loo coming from Columbia to St. Louis.
    Take care of yourself, and that camera. Excited about possible armadillos.
    Spiders and snakes…maybe not so much. 🙂

3. Larry says:

Don’t forget the scorpions, Joan! And I’ve never ever seen a wooden nickle…

Thanks for the good wishes!

4. bev says:

Good reminder from Joan about the bus stops along the way. Some of those drivers seem to get a kick out of shedding the odd passenger! (-:
    Yeah, add scorpions to the list – you’re more likely to see one of those than a spider or snake! Looking forward to seeing the pics you shoot on your way southwest!

5. Mark says:

Hi Larry
    I must have missed something. Are you really going to AZ?

6. Larry says:

Yeah, I’m taking a bus to Tucson (tomorrow, I hope) along with my winnowed-down essential possessions. I thought I’d give Bisbee a try. Quincy has little to offer me these days.

7. Adrian says:

Hopefully you are there safe by now! Give us a call when you get a chance, we’d love to hear from you.

8. […] some of you may recall, way back in early January, Larry abandoned me to my own devices. For awhile, I read and slept, secretly hoping for his return, but as the days […]