Cherish The Ladies

I’ve been fooling around with the new capabilities this new blog platform has, one of which is embedding video or audio stored in my blog directory — i.e., not from a link to another server. I like not being dependent on storage provided for free!

Here’s a multi-tracked recording I made last winter. “Cherish The Ladies” is a jig of uncertain origin. It doesn’t get played much these days, but I’ve liked the tune for many years. I played guitar, mandolin, and fiddle:

9 comments to Cherish The Ladies

1. Rain Trueax says:

Maybe it’s me but there was no link to music

2. Larry Ayers says:

Hi, Rain! Just beneath the text of the post is a “Play” button, a white circle with a right-pointing triangle in it. Pushing that should make the MP3 file play. Let me know if it doesn’t work for you; I’m still experimenting with this feature!

3. Bev says:

Works for me and I like the tune too!

Larry Larry Quite Contrary
    Where did our Larry go?
    I thought we’d hear of Canada
    But so far it’s no show.

It’s been 3 months since his last post
    Twas called “ Cherish The Ladies”
    Since then his blog type cherishing
    Has slowly gone to Hades

I know he’s still alive because
    Bev’s blog has mentioned him
    But hopes of Rambles blogging now
    Are growing mighty dim

Please take some time in rain
    (since shine is for outdoor proclivities)
    And leave a post on Rambles
    Telling fans of your activities.

• Darrell says:

Joan,

In the meantime I hope all is well with you and yours.

• Joan says:

Hi Darrell! We are still alive..but probably not kicking much, (grin) How’s yourself?

Heard from Larry, e-mail-wise a couple of months ago. At the time he was alive and well and building outdoor stairs down to the water at Bev’s in Canada. Have not heard since. Must assume no news is good news. Still, I’d rather have regular news.

Good. ‘Tis better to be kicking if only a bit than to be kicked.

Joan,
    Well . . . Larry last wrote at the beginning of summer . . . and now “When Summer Ends” from the Russian (!!!) Celtic group Minus Treli . . .